About Me (and my blog)
[insert generic greeting here]
This is Frederick Yin, born 2003-03-06, he/they, connected to the internet for memes, computer stuff, electronics, and catpics. I have 3k+ catpics on my disk. Go figure.
I live in Shanghai, UTC+8:00. To other humans, I speak Mandarin and English. To silicon, I speak Python and C.
I am an undergrad in electrical and computer
exorcism, but the status quo is I can't do shit. And no, I don't know Rust
or Haskell. I don't own an oscilloscope, but this is expected to change.
I do have a ThinkPad that runs Arch Linux though. Yes, it's full of
stickers, why do you ask.
Out of all things unrelated to sex, what I enjoy most are (in no particular order):
- science fiction
- thinking about how cool space really is
- twenty øne piløts
- collecting catpics and laughing uncontrollably to the best ones
- plushies (yes this includes blåhaj)
- playing air drums
- downloading papers I do not understand
- talking about how Alexandra Elbakyan is a hero and capitalism must be burned to the ground
- impulse starting a new side project
That's about it. Stay hydrated, don't overclock yourself, and take care.
My PGP key is 3E46 7B22 82D7 2858.
About my blog
All blogposts are CC BY-NC 4.0 unless otherwise stated.
Nobody builds their blog with MkDocs. What's wrong with you
Tired of social media buttons and fancy animations that come at the cost of computer juice, I quit. So here you are, in a static-site blog generated with MkDocs (a documentation engine written in Python, like Sphinx). I call this "Blogumentation".
Here is a list of tools that I ruled out:
- ssg6 — A static site generator written in shell. Extremely simple yet versatile. Sadly, it'll take forever for me to settle on a template or CSS, and, given so much privilege, I will most probably break everything.
- A self-hosted pastebin. The links would be a mess, albeit short.
- HTML+CSS from scratch. Same as ssg6.
- Sphinx. It graduated with a
.rstdegree, but who uses rsts these days.
- Hugo. I didn't want a Go environment on my machine. (Update: Joke's on me, I installed go later and wrote a bit of it. But still no.)
- Hexo, Jekyll, etc: I didn't want a Node.js/Ruby environment, and I mean it this time. Keep them away.
You will not find any of these in my blogposts, as long as I am in control:
Last updated: 2022-05-03