About Me (and my blog)¶
[insert generic greeting here]
This is Frederick Yin, born 2003-03-06, he/him or they/them, connected to the internet for memes, computer stuff, electronics, and catpics. I have 4k+ catpics on my disk. Go figure.
I am an undergrad in computer
engineering exorcism, but the
status quo is I can't do shit. And no, I don't know Rust. I don't own an
oscilloscope, but this is expected to change. I do have a ThinkPad that
runs Arch Linux though. Yes, it's full of stickers, why do you ask.
The things I enjoy most are (in no particular order):
- science fiction
- thinking about how cool space really is
- collecting catpics and laughing uncontrollably to the best ones
- plushies (yes I have two blåhaj. I couldn't take him on the airplane so I bought another one in the US)
- playing air drums
- playing bass
- downloading papers I do not understand
- talking about how Alexandra Elbakyan is a hero and capitalism must be burned to the ground
- impulse starting a new side project that's even more stupid than the last one
My favorite bands:
- twenty øne piløts
- I DONT KNOW HOW BUT THEY FOUND ME
- My Chemical Romance
- Green Day
That's about it. Stay hydrated, don't overclock yourself, and take care.
My PGP key is 3E46 7B22 82D7 2858.
About my blog¶
All blogposts are CC BY-NC 4.0 unless otherwise stated.
- My email in the footer
Nobody builds their blog with MkDocs. What's wrong with you¶
Tired of social media buttons and fancy animations that come at the cost of computer juice, I quit. So here you are, in a static-site blog generated with MkDocs (a documentation engine written in Python, like Sphinx). I call this "Blogumentation".
Here is a list of tools that I ruled out:
- ssg6 — A static site generator written in shell. Extremely simple yet versatile. Sadly, it'll take forever for me to settle on a template or CSS, and, given so much privilege, I will most probably break everything.
- A self-hosted pastebin. The links would be a mess, albeit short.
- HTML+CSS from scratch. Same as ssg6.
- Sphinx. It graduated with a
.rstdegree, but who uses rsts these days.
- Hugo. I didn't want a Go environment on my machine. (Update: Joke's on me, I installed go later and wrote a bit of it. But still no.)
- Hexo, Jekyll, etc: I didn't want a Node.js/Ruby environment, and I mean it this time. Keep them away.
Pledge of ethics¶
On this blog, there will be:
- no advertisements
- no analytics or trackers
- no ChatGPT-written articles
Last updated: 2023-11-03